Friday, May 2, 2014

Is Your Trial God's Protection?

The living, the living - they praise you,
   as I am doing today;
fathers tell their children
   about your faithfulness.
The LORD will save me,
   and we will sing with stringed instruments
all the days of our lives
   in the temple of the LORD.
Isaiah 38:19-20

It's funny how some "tough" situations can be God's protection. When I first started teaching I was worried that some more experienced teacher might bump me out because of seniority. Finally, one of the veteran teachers said, "No one wants your job. No teacher who is from one of the "good" areas is going to want to come down here to South Central and teach." She was right. Although I got pink slips (saying my position was in danger) for my first few years, never once did I come even close to losing my job or position. God placed me in a class that no one else wanted. I was safe there. 

Where are you now? Are you in a tough position? Maybe a job or assignment that is not all that glamorous? Maybe God has you there to protect you. He definitely wants to reveal his faithfulness to you. Remember that  God's love for you is unfailing and his faithfulness is unchanging. Thank you, Lord!

Father, help us to trust you where we are at and thrive. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment