Thursday, July 18, 2013

POWERFUL WORD/ Hebrews 1:3

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." Hebrews 1:3

I once got a phone call at 7am to report to a different school. At the end of the day there was a Staff Meeting and the Director (just under the superintendent) for the group of schools was there. I knew him and asked him why I was moved. He told me, "Because I wanted you here." One word from him, and I was changed from one school to another. That is just a small example of the power that God holds in his very words. 

Revelation 4:11 says, "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." Sometimes I wonder what is going on in my life and these verses reminds me that ultimately, it is God that holds my life together. 

The entire universe from the electrons and neutrons at the core of every atom are held together by power of God's word. If God can hold the universe together, he can hold your life together. He does. If he wasn't, all would be coming undone. I know sometimes it feels like everything is coming apart. In this world we will have trails, hard times. But, in the end God works out everything for the good of those who love him. 

Father, we pray that you would work all things out in our lives for the good. That which is not good, we ask you to work for the good. Thank you for you gracious faithfulness to us! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment