Wednesday, July 24, 2013

HEY! WHAT DID YOU HEAR?

"We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have  heard, so that we do not drift away." Hebrews 2:1 

Sometimes we don't need to hear something new, we just need to get what we got. Students will always tell me they don't understand something, particularly directions. I will tell them to read the directions out loud to me. The vast majority of the time about halfway through they say, "Oh, got it" and get back to task. 

How many times have you gone to church hoping to hear something new, something to stimulate your faith? That's OK. But, I believe that what we really need is to see again the truth found in Christ Jesus and his glorious redemptive saving grace. Maybe we just need to see how his grace applies to our lives at this given moment. 

There has been many a time that I have sought God (alone or at church) and after a time of remembering God' Sovereignty, his unfailing love, and his grace to me, I say, "Oh, I got it" and get back to walking by faith. 

What have you heard about the love of God of you? What have you heard of the faithfulness of God toward you? What have you heard about the power of God in Christ's resurrection now working in you? What have you heard? 

Don't let what you have heard, what you know, drift away. Hold onto Christ, he is holding on to you!

Father, remind us of the many things you have spoken to us and shown us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment