Saturday, July 20, 2013

HAS GOD BEEN YOUR FORTRESS? / PSALM 48:1-3

"Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise, 
     in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
 It is beautiful in it loftiness,
     the joy of the whole earth.
 Like the utmost heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion,
     the city of the Great King.
 God is in her citadels;
     he has shown himself to be her fortress."
 Psalm 48:1-3

Many times I have found myself to be in the middle of a battle, and God was my only place of refuge. He has always shown himself to be my fortress. I may have taken a few incoming blasts from the enemy, but, in the end, God has always been my fortress. 

I was managing (usually the night shift) a Mimi's Cafe and I caught the day manager, several times, taking money from my drawer and putting it in his. This made my drawers come out off and his were right on. I told the general manager and he just blew me off! Finally, after several months, another manager got the GM to listen and they fired the manager who was taking money from my drawer. It took awhile, but in the end I was vindicated. 

As Christians, we will be in constant battle until Christ comes again to reign triumphant. So, trust and obey. Keep up the good fight and remember the many times he has recused you. 

How has God been your fortress?

Father, open our eyes to see you in our lives. Help us to remain in you! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment