Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Goal

My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 
Colossians 2:2-3 NIV

Here we have the bottom line, don't we? If I'm not posting to encourage you and unite us in Christ, then I'm missing the point of serving Christ. If you're not seeking to find hope and maturity in Christ then you're going to find yourself frustrated. 

If you have been walking with the Lord for a while you probably find yourself seeking to know Christ on a deeper level. I remember when I first became a Christian and after a few years I kind of thought I was getting close to full maturity. I soon discovered how immature I was. But, I was sincerely seeking to know Christ on a deeper level. I have seen many schemes that depend upon a lot of things but not really on Christ. Most are legalistic are partial truths packaged as the end all of spiritual quests. 

In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Not my faith. Not my obedience. Not my knowledge. Not my service. All those are good things, they are means but not ends. It's not about my faith, rather it's Christ's faithfulness. My obedience will falter at some point, but, Christ will never fail. My knowledge is foolishness if I don't base it upon the truth that Christ is the Creator of all things and in him all things hold together by the power of his word. My service is just a show if I am not serving Christ, seeking his glory, not mine. The goal is that we may know Christ and be found in him. 

My prayer is that anyone who reads this may grow in Christ with all wisdom and complete understanding and serve him with joy being encouraged in heart and united in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment