Monday, December 21, 2015

Trust His Word

May your unfailing love come to me, Lord,
   your salvation, according to your promise;
then I can answer anyone who taunts me,
   for I trust in your word.
Psalms 119:41-42

This weekend at the Miss Universe Pageant the wrong contestant was named the winner. Apparently, Steve Harvey, the popular comedian, mistakingly announced Ms. Columbia the winner when in actuality is was Ms. Philippins. A very awkward moment indeed. We here politicians say things and then the pundits come out and rate the truth of what was said. I'm sure you have heard the old joke, "How can you tell when a politician is lying? When the lips are moving?" The point is that it is hard to trust most people's word. 

In contrast to that we have the Lord and his Word which we can trust. 

"They are not just idle words for you - they are you life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess." Deuteronomy 32:47

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Psalm 119:105

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him." Proverbs 30:5

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3:16-17



No comments:

Post a Comment