Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tell Yourself the Truth, God is Your Fortress and Your Rock.


But the Lord has become my fortress,     
   and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
Psalms 94:22 NIV

David's view of God is so very vivid. So very real. The LORD, in David's experience, was a fortress, and the rock in whom he took refuge. When David was pursued by his enemies and he was feeling anxious, he found strength in the LORD, in remembering who God is. 

I can picture David as a boy, tending the sheep, all alone, with his rod and his staff. I am sure that many a time he felt anxious and afraid. It was during those times that he learned to call on God and trust him to be his fortress and the rock in whom he took refuge. When he sang his psalms he was reminding himself of the truth about the Lord whom he trusted. He learned that God could and would deliver him. 

When David was pursued by his enemies, even his own king whom he served, David remembered that God delivered him from the lion and the bear. He knew God. He told himself the truth about God when he was anxious and afraid. This is the lesson for us today. No matter the enemy, God is your fortress and the rock in whom you take refuge. We need to tell ourselves the truth about God. Say it with me now, "God, you are my fortress, my rock in whom I take refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment