Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Do You Feel Like Serving?

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 
1 Peter 4:8-9 NIV

Notice that Peter instructs us to show hospitality without grumbling. He doesn't tell us to wait until we feel like being hospitable, he just says to do it.

To often we think we have to feel like doing something before we do it. This reminds me of when I was a kid and if I got in a fight with someone they would make us shake hands and say we were sorry. You see, it didn't matter if I felt sorry or not, what matters is that I learned that I should be sorry. For the most part, obedience proceeds peace. 

Let's face it, sometimes we don't feel like  being hospitable and loving. Frankly, we're not asked how we feel, we're just told to be loving. Remember, faith is lived out in obedience knowing that God is loving and sovereign and  will work all things out according to his will, for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment