Friday, September 25, 2015

Because He Loves

I will sing of your love and justice;
   to you, Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life—   
when will you come to me? 
I will conduct the affairs of my house 
   with a blameless heart.
Psalms 101:1-2 NIV

I really love the Psalms because they show me someone's interaction with God. It's not so much teaching as a demonstration. In the Psalms we see the inner reaction of someone seeking God. 

David praises God for his love and justice, two attributes of God that to our modern world seem in conflict, but in God they coalesce. David's response was to seek to be blameless. And he asks, "when will you come to me?"  He knew God was Lord over his life and he recognized God's love and justice around him. 

Knowing that God was in his life made David long to be in the Lord's presence. I think this is what we desire when we recognize God's presence in our lives and naturally just want to literally hear his voice, to be in his presence, to literally touch his robe... 

Father, thank you for you love and justice. Help us to be blameless. We long to be in your presence. Reveal yourself to us. Open our eyes to see you in our lives today. Praise you for your love and justice 

No comments:

Post a Comment