Saturday, April 18, 2015

Remember the Power of His Presence

When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present..." 
I Corinthians 5:4

Sometimes I do things on my own and sometimes I forget to wait on the Lord. I think it's important to recognize what Paul is getting at here. He is dealing with the Corinthians who were not handling a situation with an immoral brother properly. I am struck with the idea that he instructs them to get together in the name of the Lord Jesus, to remember him (I think how he does things), and to be aware of the power of the presence of the Lord Jesus. 

How I think this applies to me (and you) is when I know something is wrong and/or that something needs to be dealt with, I need to approach it in a godly manner. I need to seek the Lord's will, remember how godly people have dealt with similar situations (Biblical examples and people I know), and wait upon the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm not talking warm fuzzy stuff, I am talking the peace of Christ. 

Before I get off on a tangent, I just want to get back to the idea of being in the presence of the Lord Jesus. I think this is all about acknowledging his Lordship, resting his Sovereignty and praising him for his mercy, grace and forgiveness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment