Monday, April 6, 2015

Not a Warm Fuzzy Post

A little while ago I saw this article on line about a guy who thought he was pretty tough, apparently, so he called out a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter online, repeatedly. After a while the fighter offered to meet the guy and fight. They met and off course the MMA fighter easily beat the living snot out of the online big mouth. I have no idea why this normal guy thought he could take on a real MMA fighter, but, arrogance can get you into a lot of trouble. 

I think many people today want to set themselves up as equal with God and sort of call him out on the basis of how they see reality. Atheists love to set up their version of what they think the Bible teaches or how they choose to view reality as the obvious way to see things. I find the fact that atheists want to blame the God they don't believe in and choose not to obey, for all the results of those choices. 

God is Sovereign and he does what he wants. He is also just and merciful.  Romans 9 reminds us that God has his plan and he will do what is right because he is Sovereign Lord. I don't fully understand God's will or his ways, but, I do understand that he is Sovereign Lord over everything and I am not. He does what he wants, not what I want. He is not a cosmic Santa Claus giving me everything I want just because I say a magic prayer. He has given all people a choice to believe in him and recognize him as Sovereign Lord. Some think they will stand before him and list their grievances and all that they perceive as unjust and God will be unable to answer. Remember the online bigmouth. 

This is not a warm fuzzy post. This is a check. Check myself. Check yourself. God sent his One and Only Son to die on our place, for our sins. Then, with his power, raised Christ from the dead. No other so-called god, messiah, savior or religious leader has an empty tomb. To be blunt: if you can't die and raise yourself from the grave, your not God Almighty, Sovereign Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment