Thursday, April 23, 2015

Choose to Build

"Everything is permissible"- but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"- but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good but the good of others. 
I Corinthians 10:23-24

As a teacher, I know what actually helps students learn. You can do a lot of things to temporarily get their attention, but, that does not mean the students are actually learning the content. Everything I do in the classroom is to help the students learn, to build them up. The funny thing is, kids don't realize that. Now, as Christians, everything the Word of God tells us is to build us up in Christ. Yet, often we don't realize that truth. 

My purpose and your purpose in the body of Christ is to build each other up, to seek their good. It does not matter what your gifts are, your purpose is to seek the good of others. I have been built up by someone telling me, "Good job, keep it up!" and "Get it together man, your wife needs you to stand strong and encourage her." One was kind of a pat on the back and the other was sort of a slap in the face. Both really built me up. 

So, there are a lot of things you can say and do in the Body of Christ, choose what will build other up in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment