Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Just a Little Test

Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 
1 Corinthians 8:1 NIV

Just one little test. Does it build up? Is what I am about to say going to build the other person up or just puff me up? Did you ever notice that often when we put someone else down, it's really just to make us look better?

I can think of at least two situations yesterday alone where if I am honest with myself, I was not really trying to build someone else up. 

OK. So, no condemnation. What do I do? Well, for me, I have to find a way to build up those people. Sometimes, for me, it is hard because dealing with belligerent, uncontrolled teen agers who probably just need a good old fashion wood shed experience, is very challenging. Telling the truth in love is not always just a warm fuzzy exchange. But, the bottom line, the test is always: does it build up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment