Thursday, April 30, 2015

God Stands You Firm

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV

One of the many things that God does that assures me of my faith is that behind everything I do, he is there leading me. Yes, I do my best to stand firm, to love as he loved me, and to be holy as he is holy. Sometimes I'm a bit like the t-shirt I saw a few months ago that read, "I'm a Christian, but I cuss a little." But, if I wasn't a Christian, if his Spirit wasn't in my heart, I wouldn't care. Just that I am convicted shows that the Spirit of God is living in me.

Now, it is God who makes us stand firm. Not our own passion, his faithfulness. We are holy in Christ. We are declared righteous by the work of Christ on the cross. The Spirit of God anoints us, sets his seal of ownership on us, puts his Spirit in our hearts which gives us that assurance guaranteeing what is to come.

God is faithful. He will make you stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment