Saturday, February 23, 2013

HANG ON, GOD'S IN CONTROL: Psalm 37:8-9

"Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
     do not fret - it leads only to evil.
 For evil men will be cut off,
     but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land."
 Psalm 37:8-9


If you have any sense of justice it's pretty easy to get upset over the evil and injustice there is in this world. I consider myself to be a passionate person. Anger falls into that area of myself that can be very passionate. If something seems wrong to me, it can be very wrong. I tell you, when I look around this world I often wonder what is going on. 

I think David obviously felt this way a lot. Psalm 37 was his personal reminder that even though it may sometimes look like evil people are getting away with evil and not having to pay for it, God is ultimately in control. In the end, God will provide for his people and they will inherit the land. 

Wherever you are at, know that even though it may look like evil people are in total bliss and suffer no ill affects for their action, they will. And God will bless his people. If Jesus is your Savior and Lord, you are his child and he will take care of you. 

Father, open our eyes to see you reigning even now. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment