Sunday, February 24, 2013

IN A LITTLE WHILE: Psalm 37:10-11

"A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
     though you look for them, they will not be found.
 But the meek will inherit the land
     and enjoy great peace." 
 Psalm 37:10-11

No matter how you want to slice it, no matter how you want to count time, in God's eyes the wicked have but a limited amount of time before their time is up. 

I was managing a Mimi's Cafe. John (the name has been changed to protect the guilty), who managed the day shift was, was your basic little punk with a little dog complex. I managed the late shift. One day I noticed he was taking money from my drawer. He said he was just making change. It did explain why my drawer was coming up off my more than it should and his was always right on. I told the General Manager and he just kind of blew me off. The second senior manager found out and told the GM and he listened. John quit because he caught wind they were going to fire him. It took a little while but, John the wicked was no more. 

You may find yourself in a place where the wicked seem to be "getting away with it". God sees. God knows. You are his child. In a little while...

Father, help us to keep out eyes on you ever when the wicked seem to be getting away with all kinds of evil. We place ourselves in your hands. Be glorified in us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment