Monday, February 25, 2013

LEAD YOUR MARRIAGE & FAMILY: I Timothy 3:2

I want to take a look at these verses as encouragement to men in regards to being the servant-leader of your marriage and family.
"Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach". I Timothy 3:2
I just think these are very good ideals that all men should seek to have in their lives. I believe they are all the fruit of Christ like living.

"be above reproach" - Basically, no one should have anything on me. Now, we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So, I am not talking about perfection. What we are talking about is keeping your life in order. Recently I had situation with my sons' little league baseball league. I am a volunteer manager. During our draft night, I had asked someone if they would help coach the team. There was a misunderstanding that was my fault. Unintentional, but still it was because of my actions. So, when the President of the league told me what was wrong, I just told him I was sorry, I wasn't trying to do anything but try to ask a parent to help coach. But, it was still my bad. And I asked him what he would like me to do to make things right. He didn't know. So, I called who I thought I might of negatively affected. As far as I know I made things right. 

"the husband of but one wife" - Because I am more concerned with any man as the servant-leader of his marriage and family I am going to discuss divorce accept to say, God's forgiveness includes divorce. As a husband and a father we are to be one woman men. I especially want to emphasize your heart. There is only one woman who gets to hear what's in my heart. If she isn't in the mood. No one else gets to hear it. I work in education and I used to work in restaurants. I always have boundaries, even conversationally, because I have seen men incited to leave their marriage because the other women simply gave them a little attention and a little praise. 

I think that will do for today. Men, keep things clean, and be a one women man. 

Father, help us to keep our lives above reproach and to be one with our wives. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment