Monday, September 29, 2014

Wise up!

Get wisdom, get understanding;
   do not forget my words or turn away from them.
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
   love her, and she will watch over you.
The beginning of wisdom is this: 
   Get wisdom.Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Cherish her, and she will exalt you;
   embrace her, and she will honor you.
She will give you a garland to grace your head 
   and present you with a glorious crown.”
Proverbs 4:5-9  (NIV)


Wow! I can't tell you how many times, growing up, someone told me to "Wise up". I definitely am one of those "foolish things" God chose to confound the wise. If there is anything in my life that is good or makes any sense it is because I have, in my own feeble way tried to follow Christ. 

As an adult, that truth, "Wise up" continues to be applicable. Every day we need the wisdom of God to deals with people, problems and shall we say "unpleasantries". I lost the chance for a promotion a few years ago simply because I didn't control my tongue. I did not act with wisdom. I've received promotions because I did control my tongue and responded with wisdom. 

Wise up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment