Saturday, September 20, 2014

From Shame to Radiance in the Chaos

I will extol the Lord at all times;
   his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
   let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
   let us exalt his name together. 
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
   he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
   their faces are never covered with shame.
Psalms 34:1-5 (NIV)

David didn't call on God from a comfortable cozy little nook in the palace. Saul was seeking to kill him because of jealousy. He was running for his life. In the midst of chaos David sought God and found him. God heard David and answered his prayer. He felt no shame and the radiant glory of the God who saves us reflected in his life. 

Father, hear our prayers from the chaos in our lives. We look to you to answer and deliver us. Change our shame to radiance. Praise be to you in us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment