Monday, September 1, 2014

Who Might Have Joy Because of You?

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:2-4 (NIV)

Last week we had a Back To School night and a couple of my former students stopped by to say hello and gave me an update on how they are doing. It was great to hear that they are doing well. I told them both it was great to see them and that I was proud of them. 

When I first started teaching there was a group of guys who questioned my faith quite extensively. A few of them became Christians. Whenever I talk to one of them I am always happy to hear that they are doing well. It really is a great feeling. I believe it's joy.

Think about this: who are the leaders who shepherded you when you first came to Christ? I think of Jim and Jim, my youth pastors and Pastor Don who all encouraged me to seek God with all that I have. I think of Billy, the head of a Bible school I attended, who taught me what love and humility was (yes, I'm still working on both) by how he treated me and everyone else.  I think they would be joyfully happy to know that I and my family are walking with the Lord.

Who would it give great joy to know that you are doing well in your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment