Friday, February 14, 2014

YOUR CHOSEN, DON'T BE FROZEN

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)

One of the amazing things about our relationship with God is that he chose us. He chose us knowing everything that would happen in our lives! The victories and the failures. As my pastor loves to remind us, "God's not surprised. I may be, but he's not!" 

He chose us to to represent him as priests of his holy nation, belonging to God. He chose us to declare his praise because he brought us out of the kingdom of darkness and into his wonderful light! 

Sometimes we sense the shadow of darkness rather than seeing his wonderful light and we forget that we belong to God and that in Christ he has made us righteous (1 Corinthians 1:30)! It is too easy to focus on our inadequacies rather than the finished work of Christ on the cross. But it is not about us, it's about his holiness in us and his light within us and his faithfulness in our lives! 

As a priest I can pray for my family, I can pray for people I work with and I can pray for all who I might connect with. And you never know what simple action might touch someone with the love of God. Yesterday, I just asked about his children and mention that it must be tough because he didn't get to see them all the time. He opened up a bit and was visibly thankful that I asked. 

Father, help us to be the priests you have called us to be. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment