Sunday, February 23, 2014

CAN YOU SPELL WAIT?

The LORD is faithful to all his promises
   and loving toward all he has made.
The LORD upholds all those who fall
   and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you,
   and you give them their food at the proper time.
You uphold your hand
   and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
 Psalm 145:13b-16

"at the proper time"... A teacher from Capernwray Bible School used to say that waiting on God was one of the most difficult things for us as Christians to do. "I'll bet you can't even spell it! W-A-I-T, WAIT!" he would repeat throughout the semester. I wish I could say that I have learned to wait on God with more faith and trust than I did then. Maybe I have, but, it doesn't feel like it most of the time. 

The important truths to remember are that God is faithful and he is loving toward all he has made, including us. Maybe the vernacular for "at the proper time" is "wait for it...". 

Since God's ways are not my ways and his timing is not my timing I often find myself wondering what God is doing. I do know what God has said in the Bible. I do remember the times when God has worked, even when I thought it was impossible. My job is to wait on him, with open hands.  His promise is to uphold me, lift me up, give me my food at the proper time and satisfy my desires "at the proper time"...

Father, we wait with open hands and open hearts. Satisfy our desires with good things. Praise be to you in us to day!

No comments:

Post a Comment