Tuesday, November 12, 2013

WHAT'S YOUR COUNTRY?

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own." Hebrews 11:13-14

What are you looking for?  Do you have a home country? 

Sometimes, perspective is everything. I'm a Dodger fan. It was a good year, better than the last, but, not a great year. If you're a Red Sox fan, it was a great year. I am still looking forward to a year when my Dodgers put it all together again. 

As a person of faith, I can have good years and bad years, but, I am still looking forward to "that day". My hope is on Christ and the paradise he has prepared for us. I am longing for the time he comes to take us all home with him in heaven. I am hoping to not go alone. 

My hope is in Christ, not myself, not anyone else. 

Father, thank you for giving us hope. Help us to welcome the hope from this distance of the present. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment