Friday, November 1, 2013

IT'S ABOUT GOD

"By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead." Hebrews 11:4 

Sometimes I don't feel like my prayers are being heard. I don't feel like my confession is accepted. Frankly, it's not about me. It is about God's faithfulness. 

Cain just brought some of his stuff. Abel brought the fat portions from the firstborn of his flock. Abel sees the first thing his efforts produce and acknowledges it comes from God. I kind of get the picture that for Cain he just sort of grabs some stuff on the way to church as an afterthought. A little convicting. 

We need to remember, God gives us everything we have, even the ability to work, to produce and to provide for our families. For that I we should always be grateful.

Father, thank you for your faithfulness and graciousness. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment