Thursday, November 19, 2015

She'll Hold,Scotty!

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 
Colossians 1:17 NIV

I don't know if you watched the original Star Trek series, but, sometimes the scene would entail the crew trying to make its' way through a crisis and the Enterprise was being pushed to its' limits.  The whole ship would be shaking and creaking at max warp speed. Scotty would say. "Captain! She's breaking up!" Then Kirk would calmly say, "She'll hold." 

Sometimes I feel like my life is like that except it's me fervently praying, "My life is breaking up, Lord, help!" And the Lord calmly tells me, "I'll hold you together." Maybe you feel the same way. 

The truth, the good news, is that in Christ all things hold together by the power of his word. You will experience some battles and some losses. You may need to do some repairs. But, Christ will hold you together. 

Lord Jesus, you know the trials, struggles and battles we are going through. We ask that in the power of your Name you will hold us together in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment