Thursday, November 26, 2015

I am thankful for...

It is not the dead who praise the Lord,
   those who go down to the place of silence; 
it is we who extol the Lord,
both now and forevermore. 
Praise the Lord.
Psalms 115:17-18 NIV

and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Colossians 1:12-14 NIV

Moses and Aaron then went into the tent of meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.
Leviticus 9:23-24 NIV 

I woke up this morning, made my coffee, started to reading the Bible and remembering that it is Thanksgiving here in the United States of America and I asked myself what can I be thankful for. Maybe the coffee hadn't quite kicked in or I was having a bit of a sugar hangover from the Oreo churros my youngest son and I made last night. I could easily say I was thankful for my salvation, my wonderful wife and children, my job, my friends and outside of my back and allergies, my health. 

But I asked myself, "What am I really thankful for?" I want to think about it. I would like to ask you, "What are you really thankful for?" I would truly like to hear and glorify God in the comments section. 

Thanks and have a blessed and thankful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. the breathe of life everyday is good when wake alive and I can see and talk and walk. even i am still alone on planet of humans who will always let me down and never notice me? or dismiss me? and never listen to me? abandon at convent steps, then the orphanage, then my life is of the streets. I am still homeless and travel lots for to find food everyday thy lord provides me, also my daily bread of his words so sweet to me ears.

    ReplyDelete