Friday, February 6, 2015

What Do You Have In Common With Barabbas?

But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. So Pilate decided to grant their demand. He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.
Luke 23:23-25 NIV

What did Barabbas do to deserve to be set free? Nothing. He didn't deserve to be freed. He deserved to be crucified. 

What did you or I do to deserve salvation? That's right, nothing. 

I wonder what happened to Barabbas? What did he do with the freedom he was giving by Christ's death on the cross? How did he respond? Aren't those the same questions we must ask ourselves?

What are we doing with the freedom we are given by Christ's death on the cross? How are we responding to the grace we have been given in Christ? 

Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for taking my place upon the cross and dying for my sins. Help me to live in your grace and may the love live through me. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment