Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Know the Good Shepherd's Voice

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 
John 10:10-11 NIV

Sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things. Christ is the good shepherd, we need to know his voice. If you know the his Word, the Bible, you'll know his voice. By his knowing the Bible I can discern the truth. I used to hear pastors say, "You need to compare what I say with what the Bible says and if they don't match up, forget what I say." 

I am leery when I hear about looking within ourselves for the truth, when my emotions become the divining rod for the truth. Christ is the truth. The Bible tells the truth about God. My experience is filtered through the truth found in the Word of God, the Bible. Know the Word, Know the Shepherd's voice 

No comments:

Post a Comment