Thursday, February 18, 2016

When the Door Opens, Be Ready

And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 
Colossians 4:3-4

There's a couple of things we can see in this prayer request from Paul to the Colossians that we can put into practice even though we aren't apostle in the literal sense. We should all pray that God will provide opportunities to proclaim the mystery of Christ. We should pray that we are ready and can share the good news clearly.  

I'm a big sports fan and I've enjoyed sports my whole life. In high school I wrestled and our coach taught us to think several moves ahead anticipating when to make your move to either take your opponent down or put them on their back. As Christians we should pray for and be ready when we "see" an open door. 

In wrestling we would spend a lot of time practicing take downs. You see, if your attempt was poorly done you might end up getting taken down or even put on your back. But, if you executed your move well you'd get the points. My point is that being clear about what you believe and being able to express it clearly in love will let you in the door and in the house, so to speak. 

Lord, open doors for us to proclaim the mystery of Christ, the hope of glory to the dying world around us. Give us wisdom to proclaim the gospel clearly. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment