Thursday, February 25, 2016

Do You Remember?

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 
1 Thessalonians 1:4-5

Do you remember when you gave your life to Christ? Do you remember when it first really hit you that Jesus died for you, for your sins? 

I remember because it was during a communion service and the Holy Spirit just open my understanding to the truth that Jesus' body was broken for me and his blood was shed to wash away my sins.

I remember that I got up and ran outside because I didn't want anyone to see me cry. Every excuse to not follow Christ paled next to the realization that Jesus died for me, to make me a child of God.

Do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment