Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Can you follow the Lord completely?

"So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the Lord; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done." 1 Kings 11:6


Reading this chapter is sort of a little flick on the forehead to me because Solomon didn't accidentally not follow the Lord completely, he made some very specific choices that led him away from the Lord. For Solomon it was his many foreign wives that worshipped other gods.  

My question for myself is: what might I be allowing in my life that is leading me away from the Lord? Am I following the Lord completely? 

Before we get totally condemned let's remember the words "as David his father had done." Was David sinless? No, and I am sure that Solomon had heard the story of how his parents had gotten together. Solomon knew that his father, David, was far from perfect, but, he did love the Lord, in God's eyes, completely. 

I encourage you to, like David, follow the Lord completely. When you sin, seek God. When you struggle, seek God. When you feel trapped, attacked, helpless, hopeless, and hapless, seek God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment