Sunday, July 6, 2014

Verses of the Week

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. 
   I will build you up again, 
   and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt.
Again you will take up your timbrels
   and go out to dance with the joyful.
Again you will plant vineyards on the hills of Samaria;
   the farmers will plant them and enjoy their fruit.
Jeremiah 31:3-5 (NIV)

“Hear the word of the Lord, you nations;

   proclaim it in distant coastlands:
‘He who scattered Israel will gather them
   and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’
For the Lord will deliver Jacob
   and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.
Jeremiah 31:10c-11 (NIV)

“I have surely heard Ephraim’s moaning:

‘You disciplined me like an unruly calf,
   and I have been disciplined.
Restore me, and I will return,
   because you are the Lord my God.
Jeremiah 31:18c (NIV)

Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: 

“I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
Jeremiah 32:26-27 (NIV)

“ ‘Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. 

Jeremiah 33:6-8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment