Thursday, February 14, 2013

YOU ARE CONSIDERED: I Timothy 1:12-14

One time I had applied for a job and the official time had expired to be offered a position. A few days later my boss came over to my office and told me to call this one location who was going to offer me the job. They didn't ask me a thing. They just offered me the position. I asked them (later) why they didn't "interview" me. They told me that one of the supervisors had recommended me and on the strength of his recommendation, they felt they could hire me. The next time I saw him I thanked him for considering me.  
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." I Timothy 1:12-14 
The difference between being considered for the position I had worked my backside off to get to and being considered faithful to serve God is that there is no way I would ever be considered, on my own merit, faithful enough. Honestly, none of us are. But, that is the beauty of the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ our Lord to all of us. None of us deserve to be his servants. Yet, we are all considered...

Consider what God does, not what you do. God gives you strength. God appoints you to his service. Everyone has a place and a purpose. God shows you mercy. God pours out grace upon you! Along with the grace he pours out faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 

Here's the deal. You are given grace in Christ Jesus. That grace is not just a new clean slate. That grace is a life of opportunities to be a conduit of the grace to others. What will God do in you today?

Father, open our eyes to see the opportunities you place before us to share your grace with this dead and empty world. Grant us at least one redemptive conversation today. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment