Sunday, February 17, 2013

BE STILL BEFORE GOD: Psalm 37:7

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
     do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
 when men carry out their wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7

A teacher at Capernwray Bible School used to tells us that we all needed to learn to wait upon the Lord. He would say, "You are so impatient you can't even spell wait. It's W-A-I-T, wait!" Then whenever he would bring it up the whole class would say it out loud in unison. It is true, we really do struggle with the idea of waiting on God. 

One thing I would like to think about is that verse 7 says, "Be still before the LORD" (emphasis mine). Sometimes, I just need a walk with the Lord.  I don't need my cell phone. I don't need worship music playing in my mp3 player. I just need to walk and be silent. I just need to get my head clear. If God wants to put something or someone on my heart, he will. But mostly, I just need remember that God is Sovereign and has unfailing love for me.

I encourage you to spend some time before the Lord, being still. Remember who he is...

Father, thank you that you are Sovereign Lord over our lives and that you have unfailing love for us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment